Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let it Snow!

Welcome to Wisconsin. Where there are two seasons... Winter and Road Construction. After reading the results of the council meeting last night, I am sure glad that I live in a good neighborhood. The reason that I say that is because I never would have thought that sidewalk snow removal was a problem. After all, we all chose to live here. It snows, we shovel. But after watching a week of debate and then more at the meeting, the council took the time to change the city ordinance to 24 hours after EACH storm. I really would like to see that definition...

I have wonderful neighbors. We all clear each others sidewalks (perhaps because it is easier to turn around at a driveway rather than a property line). Seriously though, this was never coordinated but it has been that the first person out to do the snow from four houses does the sidewalk for all of them. Additionally, I have always gone to each of my neighbors after the plow has gone through and cleared that pile for them. I have never considered calling to have the city clear anything. The neighborly thing is to help out if they are not home to do it themselves.

I guess I am lucky...

KM

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One correction Kent. Brian Bain actually voted AGAINST the 24 hour proposal! This guy is clueless. He actually thought it was ok to have a set time like noon the next day. He finally voted for the resolution because most of the changes he agreed with.

Thankfully Brian will be leaving the council in a few months.

Anonymous said...

I had originally voted for Bryan.
He turned out to be a fizzle.
Just another suit that likes to talk in "corporate speak".
I no longer support him and am glad he is no longer seeking a seat.

Kent Monte said...

I amended the above comment because Bryan's personal life is none of our business and your speculation is just that, speculation.

We can thank Bryan for his service and leave it at that.

Thank you,
KM

Anonymous said...

Kent. Bain voting against the 24 hour rule is NOT speculation. Check the facts.

Kent Monte said...

I didn't say that his voting was. What I deleted was speculation regarding Bryans personal life. That is nobodys business but Bryan's.

KM

Anonymous said...

Sorry the other one had to come down. Here is a replacement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QxkZthMN9Y